D+C 123:12-13

"For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties and denominations...who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it--Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things [out] of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven--these should then be attended to with great earnestness."

Saturday, December 27, 2014

12-22-14

Merry Christmas!!!!

Hahaha I don´t even feel like it´s Christmas! It´s hot, humid, and Christmas is like halloween in the states! (It´s not as big of a deal.)   BUT I still can feel the Christmas spirit! Thanks for all your Christmas emails, and letters!   Mom, I got the package, and I´ve been opening the gifts every day!   HOLY CRUD, An apron with my name on it!   Hahaha it´s legit! Thanks!
So, there´s not too much to write about!  I´ll keep it short this week!
Antony FINALLY got baptized!   Oh my heck I love that kid!  We were going to do it Saturday, but on Friday morning, we went over to his house, and we asked him when he could do it. He told us any time, so we called the Branch President to see when he could come. He said that that night (Friday) would be the best. Hahahaha so, we had an unplanned baptism Friday night!    MERRY EARLY CHRISTMAS!      But it went well, and Antony is doing well!
Today, we got to go to La Fortaleza, which is an old historic military fort by the beach. It was super cool! Uruguay is so beautiful, holy cow!
Anyway, I hope that you have a Merry Christmas!  If I could tell you one thing I´m learning, it would be how important it is to be member missionaries!   The Lord is Hastening is work, and that means we have to hasten ourselves to keep up with it.   We as missionaries, no matter how much we would like to, cannot convert anyone. Our role as missionaries is to teach, baptize, confirm, and TRY to find. That´s 50% of the work. The investigators still lack a friend, guidance, and fellowship. That´s where the members do the other 50%. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, give the missionaries references, and then be willing to be those people´s friends. Invite them to your house, to mutual, for dinner, to church anything!  It really does make ALL the difference! And don´t be afraid, they will thank you for it!    We have what they need. If we do it with love, they will respond.
I love you all SO much, and I hope that you have an awesome christmas!!!

Elder Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment