D+C 123:12-13

"For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties and denominations...who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it--Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things [out] of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven--these should then be attended to with great earnestness."

Saturday, December 27, 2014

12-1-14

Hello Family!


I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. We didn´t celebrate it at all, hahaha we actually forgot until like 6 that night. We were walking to an appointment, and Elder Ochoa was like " Wait, it´s thanksgiving!" hhahaha so that was our thanksgiving!   But it sounds like you guys had fun!
So glad you received an email and picture of the Goode family---can't believe you got that already!!!!  HOLY COW that was so funny! We had just finished sacrament meeting, when all of a sudden this little white family came in and tried to communicate with the branch president!  They are there to pick their daughter up from her mission and thought that our branch started at that time, but we were just finishing.  The branch president asked us to administer the sacrament just for their family.  Their 14 year old passed it and we administered.  It was a cool experience.  Afterwards, they took a picture of us---I'm glad they sent it to you.         It was so funny, I had forgotten that there is a church with active members outside of Lascano!

So Camilla and Lucas got baptized saturday! I´ll send you pics, but they asked me to do it! It was so great!

Well, I´m starting to feel a little better about the language and being a missionary! It´s been so weird, being in a totally differect environment, and not being able to talk! But I know I´m being blessed. Heavenly Father has really become my best friend.
   I know that I´m being helped. It can be so frustrating not be able to use my PR skills with people 100% like I´d like to. But, I am getting better and better. It takes about 2 weeks, and then I explode and am able to speak better, and then another 2 weeks, and then another explosion. As I keep trying, I know that I´m recieving the gift of tongues. Like yesterday, about an hour before gospel principles, Elder Ochoa told me I had to teach!  I was like Are you serious!!!! But, I felt calm, and I did it!   I couldn´t have done that a few weeks ago, so I know I´m growing!

Anyway, I love you all so much! Tell dad and aub and mal, AND ash if you talk to her, that I love them!   I really wish I had more time, but I love you all so much!!!!!! I and growning and learning everyday, and I will be so different in two years when I get off the plane!  (In a good way!)    I love you!
Elder Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment