D+C 123:12-13

"For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties and denominations...who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it--Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things [out] of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven--these should then be attended to with great earnestness."

Monday, September 15, 2014

9-11-14

Hey Everybody!

I'm here in the CCM in Buenos Aires and It is so cool being a missionary! It doesn't feel like its been only been 2 weeks, Ive learned so much already. The spirit is so strong here, seeing all the missionary in training, who are all striving for the same goal. We have gotten to teach several fake investigators and track there progess, and they are all completely in spanish. It can be so frustrating knowing exactly what you want to teach in a lesson, but not being able to communicate because you dont know how! But I can feel Heavenly Father Blessing me with my spanish, I know that the gift of tongues is real!  
This week has been kind of crazy. When we got here, there were about 30 missionaries already here, who had spent 4 weeks in the CCM. This past week was their last week, and they left on Monday. That means that we are now the oldest missionaries in the CCM. Its kind of weird, I still feel so inattequite, but I know that as I am obedient I will continue to be blessed.    Hahaha this Saturday, because we have been here now for two weeks, we get to go out into the city and proselyte! I am so excited, but super nervous! It will be a lot of "apredemos espanol" and " Mas Despacio Por Favor" But I cant wait! I know that that is how I am going to learn!
Well, I dont have much more time, there are new missionaries coming in today. There were a few lantinos that came in last night. I was able to communicate with them a little, its pretty cool! I have gotten to meet so many elders and hermanas from different parts of the world. Ive met Elders from Peru, and Panama and Columbia and Brazil. I got to room with a Lantino from Peru, Elder Longombardi. He was so cool, he left Monday.

The church is true! Missionary work is so important, and I am learning so much everyday!

I love you all!

Elder Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment