D+C 123:12-13

"For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties and denominations...who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it--Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things [out] of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven--these should then be attended to with great earnestness."

Saturday, January 9, 2016

12-14-15

Hey guys!

I don´t have too much time, but It was a great week!  We´ve been teaching a lady named Dora who is fighting with depression. She´s good one day, and another day is bad, and she´s tried everything to get rid of her depression. As we´ve taught her, and she´s put the gospel in practice, she´s started to change! Now she´s always happy, and she LOVES the ward- They have all reached out to her, and it´s really cool to see. She´s getting baptized this saturday! We´re pretty stoked.  We have a pretty good pool of investigators, and we´re trying to help them to progress! (a lot of them have to get married first!)

But yeah, Sorry I don´t have too much time. I was thinking this week about leadership, and why it´s so important. I always thought that leader´s were leader´s because they wanted to be, or because they were good at it. For many people, that´s the case! But I was thinking about these last days, and the kingdom that the Lord is building on the earth. In these last days, and as things get more and more complicated, I realized that the Lord NEEDS Servants, He NEEDS leaders. In the Church, in the stakes, in the wards, in the missions, and even in the Local, state, and national level. He needs men, and women, who are willing to make WHEREVER they are better, and more perfect. I´m really coming to understand that None of this is about me! It´s not about us at all, it´s about our Heavenly Father, His plan, and how we as His children can participate in it.  It makes me want to get home, and just waste and wear out my life to serve and make things better wherever I am.   

I love you guys! Keep sharing the gospel, and be BEST FRIENDS with the missionaries so that you can invite your firends to listen to them! They know what´s up!

Elder Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment