D+C 123:12-13

"For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties and denominations...who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it--Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things [out] of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven--these should then be attended to with great earnestness."

Monday, October 5, 2015

9-8-15

Oops...sorry this is a little late :)


Hey guys!

It´s been a good week- We found out the changes last night, and I´m staying in El Bosque as Zone Leader! Elder Galeano is leaving to train, and he´s going to a department called Florida.  He´s been an awesome companion, I´ve learned a lot from him!    I´m be with a brazilian named Elder Leite! And I can´t believe that I´ve hit a year! Time really flys, it´s crazy.   

This past change, I´ve really been thinking about these last days that we are in. Our mission has gone through a lot of changes while I´ve been here this past year, and we are really doing a lot of training with these members about the importance of sharing the gospel. It´s made me think a lot about the covenants I´ve made as a member of the church, and the responsibilities I have to share the gospel and serve those around me. We´ve studied a lot as a mission the Administative manuel of the church, and under missionary work, it explains how the missionaries are in the wards and stakes of the world to assist the members in THEIR work to share the gospel. That is really interesting! Before my mission I ALWAYS thought that the members are in the wards to help the missionaries in their work, but it is completely the opposite. So, thinking about that responsibility, I´ve really realized how close we are to the second coming, and how much I lack before He comes again! We are so close, the hard times are here, and we need to step up as members of the church and be stronger than any generation that has ever lived to prepare the earth for His coming!   hahaha I´ve really learned a lot this past year!!

So, this week, we´ve been working with a less active lady who´s an RM, but has made some wrong choices. She wants to come back, but her husband isn´t a member. We went to their house the other day, and painted a room in their house, and really got to know the husband better. (Her name is Natalia Bojorge, and her husband is Gonzalo.) So we did the service, and set up another time to go back and have a charla.  Something happened, and we couldn´t go back, but they came to church this past sunday out of the blue!!!!! SERIVE WORKS!!!! hahaha so we´re really excited, I´ll keep you posted!!

I love you all, have an Awesome week!!!

Elder Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment