D+C 123:12-13

"For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties and denominations...who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it--Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things [out] of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven--these should then be attended to with great earnestness."

Thursday, March 26, 2015

3-9-15

Hola!!!

We`re going this Wednesday to the temple- I get to do everything for an ancestor of ours named Woods! (Except the sealing) But I`m so excited! I actually found a lot of our ancestors who needed temple work! But they were only partials- like one sealing or endowments. I sent those names to the temple for them to use.  BUT HOLY COW! I realized how legit and important temple work is- The work is hastening on the other side too, but they CAN`T do it without us. And the work for us on this side is hastening too, and we CAN`T do it without their help fighting off unseen spirits trying to hinder the work. But the crazy thing is, they can`t fight them off unless they are baptized and have their temple ordinances done. So, it`s a pretty big deal!   DO TEMPLE WORK!
 So I've decided that President Cook is the perfect Mission President for me! I look up to that guy so much! It makes think of what you said Dad, about looking up to your mission president- I want to be just like president cook!

And....Aw man!   When you told me about the Cubs not playing at Hohokam any more, I realized how much I miss baseball! Holy cow, how is the new field in Riverview? and the A`s are in Arizona now! We have to go to their games!  Yeah, Soccer is pretty legit, but there is nothing that`s beats a good American game like baseball!   There are a lot of teams in Uruguay- and I think it`s by department, but I`m not sure. The two BIG teams- the teams that everyone get in fights over- is Peñarol and Nacional. Everyone asks ¿Cual equipo hinchas tù? and if you tell them their team, they`ll like you and welcome you into their house- if not, they get pretty mad! hahaha some or more fanatic than others. I`ve decided to stay pretty nuetral, but I think I`m for Nacional! :)
How is Auditing going in the Stake, Dad? Man, I am really learning the function of the church. We have to help our branch presidency with tithing, and we have to send it to salt lake every week. The agency we sent it through lost 1000 pesos this past month! Hahah, so we could have been in a lot of trouble, but everything turned out ok- the stake president in 33 is going to come to lascano to fix it! But anyway, tithing is a pretty big deal---

And......Rosario got baptized! She is JUST like Marta- She is such a blessing to this branch- she`s going to bring a lot of people to the church!  Below are some pics---( And Elder Rosales baptized her! His first baptism! He was kind of nervous but he did so good!   I was so proud of my son! hahaha:)
Anyway, I love you all!   Thanks for everything you do for me- I can`t believe that I`ve almost been here 7 months- ¡Voy Volando!
I love you, have a good week!

Elder Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment