D+C 123:12-13

"For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties and denominations...who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it--Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things [out] of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven--these should then be attended to with great earnestness."

Monday, June 13, 2016

2-29-16

Sorry I'm a little behind everybody... :)

Hey guys!

So it´s been an eventful week! We found out changes last week, and they reassigned me to an Area called Rio Branco in the Zone Melo. It is the furthest area from the mission home!!! haha and I am already loving it. My knew companion´s name is Elder Caudle, and he´s from Washington. He´s a really good missionary, and I´m excited to work with him! They also assigned me to be a district leader again, and I´m super excited for that also! It´s cool to be on this side of things as distrcit leader- Being zone leader for 7 changes really helped me to understand just how crucial the district leaders are! AND, Elder Rapela is my zone leader! (My old companion!) So, it´s super fun. We are making a good team!

The ward here in Rio Branco is a RIOT! I love them already. It´s a little ward full of a bunch of old timers. They are so legit, they make me laugh out loud! For example, on sunday, I had to play piano, and while the first counselor was announcing some things for the week, the members shouted from the congregation every time that he make a mistake! haha It made me so happy. (They are brutally honest......Cracked me up! )
Second story, The gospel principles teacher had about 5 minutes left in her class, and was trying to explain something. The sunday school president (The missionaries call him the abuelo) decided that he was done listening to the class. So he got up and just stood awkwardly beside the teacher to get her to shut up! LOL. :)

haha It was just so tender to me- These members are going to be so dear to my heart, I can tell!

I was studying this week in Nephi where he quotes Isiah. There are some really important things that many times as members we miss out on because we get board of Isiah! But I had just this huge light bulb this week! In 3 nephi 22:2 it says, talking about the body of christ, or the giant tent of zion " lengthen thy chords, and strengthen thy stakes." That lead me to doctrina y convenvios 115:4-6 and it says  "For thus shall my church be called in the last days, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Verily I say unto you all: Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations;   And that the gathering together upon the land of Zion, and upon her stakes, may be for a defense, and for a refuge from the storm, and from wrath when it shall be poured out without mixture upon the whole earth." SO, What does it mean?? OK, so we as missionaries, are the chords. We are reaching out to every nation! But who strengthens the stakes, or who is in charge of the strengthening? The members and church leaders wherever the stake of zion may be! We as church members shine forth in whatever stake we are in, as an ENSIGN to the nations that we have the truth, that Jesus is the Christ and that the priesthood has been restored to the earth. As we live the gospel, we are a lighthose, and we bring as MANY people as we can to the refuge and the defense of our stake of zion, wherever we live. How do we do that? By sharing the gospel with our friends, doing our visits, finding the lost sheep,. preparing them to hear the truth, and THEN, we invite them to meet with the full time teachers, the missionaries!
I know that we are  in for some hard times. We´re in the final round! We have to invite those who are not in the refuge to get to the refuge. Inactive members or Non members. The chords of zion are being lengthened.  Are the stakes being strengthed?  I hope you will all be part of the strengthening!

I love you all, I hope you have a good week!!!

Elder Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment