D+C 123:12-13

"For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties and denominations...who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it--Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things [out] of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven--these should then be attended to with great earnestness."

Sunday, November 22, 2015

11-2-15

Hola!

This week has been really good for me! Silvana is still going strong- Her baptism is getting closer! We´re hoping that her apartment can be finished this week. Pray for her!  We also had a really cool lesson with a new investigator  named Julian. He´s the boyfriend of one of the Laurels in the ward, and she invited him to a ward baptism.  We taught lesson one with the Laurel´s family, (Familia Echegaray) and he came with a TON of questions! It was so much fun teaching him, because he just soaks everything up, and asks more. He´s pretty golden! We committed him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, we´re helping gain his testimony! We´ll keep you posted.
 I´ve really learned a lot this week!  We had our monthly leadership concilio with President and the assistants this week, and during the week, they sent us a training that Elder Ballard and Elder Cook gave this year. It was about the Restoration and teaching by the spirit. They explain A LOT about Preach my Gospel and why it was written. Elder Ballard talks about raising the bar and the best generation of missionaries, like he´s talked about in conference, and that Preach my Gospel was written to Raise the Bar, and have missionaries that can teach EXACTLY what the spirit says. It hit me hard this week how real and important preach my gospel is- It help us and missionaries know how to teach, and helps members know how to fulfill their baptismal covenants of taking upon them the name of Jesus Christ, and standing as a witness of Him in all places.  I realized that I want to be a Preach my Gospel missionary! I want to be like Ammon or Alma! In Alma 18, Ammon teaches King Lamoni, and that is a PERFECT example of a lesson taught according to Preach my Gospel. He finds lamoni´s need, he asks inspired questions, he listens, he commits- it´s legit! I would invite all of you to be more familiar with Preach my Gospel, Especially chapter 9, 10, 11, and 13. Know it, and know how to teach! I promise that if you understand how the missionaries work, you´ll understand how to fulfill your own covenants be like Christ. IT´S REAL!!!

I love you all, have an awesome week!!

Elder Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment